Team Members Kili-2012

Our mission: Be bold! Promote a healthy life-style involving fitness, team-work, social engagement, perseverance, innovation and pleasure.

Our goal: Reach the top of Mount Kilimanjaro.


This blog is available in:
Français

Team Members Kili-2012:
André Bégin - André Lachapelle - Catherine Fortin - Chantale Bonin - Isabelle Privé - Janie Brunet - Louis Hamelin - Lucie Corbeil - Manon Fairfield - Manon Marleau - Martine Lussier - Mélanie Lauzon - Nadine Lauzon - Nathalie Roussin - Pierre Gauvin - Richard Barbeau - Rosanna Chechile - Sylvain Thériault

www.ex-pe.ca

www.ex-pe.ca
Mathieu Fleury mountain partner Ex-Pé

Sunday 18 March 2012

Singing in the Rain

By Pierre Gauvin


On Tuesday morning before work I went for a workout on the Mount Royal stairs. It was raining, everything was grey and, apart from a lady, older and in MUCH better shape, I was completely alone!


After a just a few minutes, I was soaked to the skin. I felt depressed, lonely and a bit mad to be there.

I carried on up and passed the lady who was going down. I glanced at her and was greeted by a beautiful smile which seemed to say "We're crazy to be here but we're doing it for a reason".
That made me think about us -  Team Kili-2012, our expeditions, our fund-raising, our friendship and our team spirit. Suddenly I was happy in the rain with my aching legs. I was no longer alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment